The summer transfer window has closed for Europe’s top leagues. However, looking at January, there are plenty of rumors about who will be moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest news, arrivals, developments and, last but not least, deals!
Main story: Milan want €120m for Leo transfer
While teams like Chelsea and Real Madrid are considering signing the Portuguese star, AC Milan are only considering their 120 million euro bid for Raffaele Leo, according to Calciomercato.
The Rossoneri are understood to be considering a move for the 23-year-old striker, who established himself as a key player in the Serie A champions last season, after Milan rejected a bid for the 23-year-old striker at the end of the transfer window.
The previous position from the San Siro hierarchy was that they were believed to have no interest in signing the Portugal international for less than the €150m release clause, but now the club’s technical director, Paolo Maldini, has opened up. Clubs go back to the negotiating table.
Leo scored the assist in Milan’s 1-1 draw with FC Salzburg in the Champions League on Tuesday night.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, More (USA)
09.46 BST: Bayern Munich have dismissed speculation linking them with a move for Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane.
The Bundesliga champion has recently been rumored to be the 29-year-old English captain’s replacement for Robert Lewandowski, but speaking to reporters on Tuesday about the situation, the club’s sporting director, Hasan Salihamidic, told reporters: “I don’t think so.” [Bayern CEO] Oliver is forcing Kane to move to Kane, you can all get down in gear, nothing.
08.51 BST: Wolves have identified Andy Carroll as an alternative to Diego Costa, according to The Daily Telegraph.
Wolves are without strikers in their squad after summer signing Sasa Kalajdic suffered a knee injury in his first start on Saturday, while Raul Jimenez missed the first two games of the season with a knee injury.
The 33-year-old former Chelsea and Atletico Madrid forward Costa left Atletico Mineiro after five months without a club, scoring four goals in 15 games and winning the Brazilian league title.
However, he was denied a UK work permit on Tuesday because he has not made any professional appearances since his last appearance for Atlético Mineiro on December 12 last year and was out of contract soon after. Wolves appealed the decision, the result is expected in 48 hours.
If the appeal fails, Wolves will turn to Carroll and Zointa, who is a free agent after his contract with West Bromwich Albion expires in the summer.
08.00 BST: Marseille’s Eric Bailly says he will not get a fair chance at Manchester United because the club prefer English players.
Bailly joined Marseille on loan after falling out of favor at Old Trafford following his move from Villarreal in 2016.
The Ivorian centre-back has made 113 appearances for United but suggests he could have had more if not for the players ahead of him in the pecking order.
“The club needs to stop favoring English players and give everyone a chance,” Bailey told The Times ahead of Marseille’s Champions League opener against Tottenham Hotspur.
“[The club should] Encourage competition in the dressing room, just watch some of them. I always felt that the national player was given priority.
“That doesn’t happen at Chelsea or at other big Premier League clubs. Some people take it for granted to start with, and that weakens the team. Fortunately. [Erik] Ten Hag has a lot of character and I hope he can change that dynamic.
Paperback (by Adam Brown)
– Edward Mendy has rejected Chelsea’s offer to open after talks over a new contract, according to The Standard. After the Blues signed Reece James to a new long-term contract, the 30-year-old goalkeeper is understood to be one of the club’s next priorities along with midfielder Mason Mount. Kepa Arrizabalaga Mendy is believed to want a higher salary after being offered less than the £190,000-a-week he signed for in 2018.
– Nathan Redmond is set to join Besiktas from Southampton, according to Fabrizio Romano. The Turkish club fought off interest from domestic rivals Galatasaray and Fenerbahce and have agreed to sign the 28-year-old winger on a one-year contract until the summer of 2023. Transfer on Tuesday.
– Galatasaray are considering moves for Emil Forsberg and Thorgan Hazard, according to Turkey-based newspaper Fotmak. The club are looking to add an attacking midfielder who can play from wide positions before the Turkish deadline, with both Bundesliga stars fitting that profile. Forsberg, 30, was selected as a substitute in three out of five league matches at RB Leipzig, while Hazard, 29, made five appearances for Borussia Dortmund.
– Galatasaray are close to signing Leicester City defender Caglar Soyuncu, Calciomercato understands. The 26-year-old centre-back was on Internazionale’s radar in the summer, but with the transfer window closing in Serie A, the Istanbul outfit took the opportunity to make a move forward.
– Miralem Pjanic’s move to Barcelona is set to end on Wednesday, reports Mundo Deportivo. The Blaugrana midfielder has agreed terms with United Arab Emirates’ Sharjah FC; He will sign a three-year contract with the club. Xavi Hernandez is understood to be keen to keep the 32-year-old at Camp Nou but has decided to leave in search of more playing time.